Table of Contents
Understanding Audio explores the fundamentals of audio and acoustics that impact every stage of the music recording process. Whether you are a musician setting up your first Pro Tools project studio, or you are a seasoned recording engineer or producer eager to find a reference that fills in the gaps in your understanding of audio, this book is for you.
Understanding Audio will enable you to develop a thorough understanding of the underlying principles of sound, and take some of the mystery and guesswork out of how equipment setup affects the quality of your recordings. Projects at the end of each chapter will assist you in applying these principles to your own recording environment.
Throughout the digital book you'll learn all about:
• Basic and advanced audio theory
• Cables and studio wiring
• Recording studio and console signal flow
• Digital and analog audio
• Studio and listening room acoustics
• “In the Studio” insights, relating audio principles to real recording situations
Build your audio foundation strong today!
Key Digital Print Features
We've built a new way to enjoy electronic print that you're sure to love.
- Fast Loading Desktop and Mobile Experience (even with cellular connections!)
- Auto-resume across devices
- Quick search, note taking and bookmarking for easy reference
- Responsive book design, so things look great on mobile too
- * Internet connection required *
Submitted 4 months ago
I am a: Hobbyist, Cubase