Table of Contents
Jennifer Hamady's ground-breaking book on singing and the psychology of performance is a must-read for every artist working today.
Using the medium of the voice, Jennifer shares her insights and experiences as a voice coach, therapist, and professional singer, which will open your eyes to how we all – musicians and others – allow fear, doubt, poor learning habits, preconceived notions, and overthinking to get in the way of clear and healthy singing, self-expression, and living.
With practical advice for releasing physical and emotional tension, establishing confidence and vocal strength, and embracing personal and musical optimism and wonder, The Art of Singing explores:
• Misconceptions about the voice and singing
• Finding the voice that was never lost
• Language and its role in singing and learning to sing
• Learning how you learn best and applying that wisdom to vocal learning
• The brain: how it works – its impact on singing and learning to sing – and how to make it work for you
• Fear and performance anxiety: liberating yourself from the mental shackles
• Reclaiming joy and confidence in your singing and self-expression
• Putting theory into practice: vocal physiology, technique, and delivery
The accompanying audio tracks – in Jennifer's own voice – captures a conversation about her approach and ideas, as well as exercises that will help you discover and develop your true and best instrument. Singers of every age, level, and musical genre will benefit from this insightful first book in Jennifer's The Art of Singing series.
Key Digital Print Features
We've built a new way to enjoy electronic print that you're sure to love.
- Fast Loading Desktop and Mobile Experience (even with cellular connections!)
- Auto-resume across devices
- Quick search, note taking and bookmarking for easy reference
- Responsive book design, so things look great on mobile too
- * Internet connection required *