Table of Contents
Write songs starting from any direction: melody, lyric, harmony, rhythm, or idea. This book will help you expand your range and flexibility as a songwriter. Discussions, hands-on exercises, and notated examples will help you hone your craft. This creatively liberating approach supports the overall integrity of emotion and meaning in your songs. It will help you become more productive, versatile, and innovative in your songwriting.
You will learn to:
• Discover more ideas for songs – song seeds – and capture them in their most powerful and usable form
• Overcome writer's block by having many more pathways through the writing process
• Develop strong song structures by working independently with melody, lyrics, harmony, and rhythm
• Write songs more easily, guided by your well-tuned “songwriter's compass”
Key Digital Print Features
We've built a new way to enjoy electronic print that you're sure to love.
- Fast Loading Desktop and Mobile Experience (even with cellular connections!)
- Auto-resume across devices
- Quick search, note taking and bookmarking for easy reference
- Responsive book design, so things look great on mobile too
- * Internet connection required *