Table of Contents
This book focuses on microphones as the essential link between the recording process and vocals, guitars, pianos, drums, and other acoustic sounds. Choosing the right mic can make or break a song. Authors Phil O’Keefe and Craig Anderton cover how to choose and apply mics with real-world examples and explanations.
Topics include the following:
• Understanding different microphone types
• Essential miking accessories
• Mic preamps and connections
• Stereo miking techniques
• How to mic specific instruments
Loaded with illustrations and featuring sidebars with details on selected topics for those who want to know “why” as well as “how,” Microphones for the Recording Musician gives the practical knowledge needed to make the best possible home studio recordings.
Key Digital Print Features
We've built a new way to enjoy electronic print that you're sure to love.
- Fast Loading Desktop and Mobile Experience (even with cellular connections!)
- Auto-resume across devices
- Quick search, note taking and bookmarking for easy reference
- Responsive book design, so things look great on mobile too
- * Internet connection required *