Table of Contents
The book series Musician's Guide to Home Recording takes a clear, practical approach to today’s world of computer-based recording. Each book in the series focuses with laser-like precision on a particular topic.
Titles include How to Choose and Use Audio Interfaces, How to Apply Equalization, How to Record and Mix Great Vocals, and more. Readers can choose individual books to increase their knowledge in specific areas, or treat the series as a complete course and cover selected topics at their own pace. Musician’s Guide to Home Recording is the definitive series to help musicians everywhere use digital recording, mixing, and editing to their fullest potential.
Equalization is one of the most important signal processors, perhaps the most important signal processor, for mixing and mastering. This book goes beyond explaining equalization, giving you essential tips on how to use equalization to make better music. Written in a clear, practical, accessible style, the book includes the following topics:
• Equalizer parameters
• When to use different equalizer responses
• Linear vs. non-linear phase EQ
• Plug-in formats
• Mid-side equalization
• Typical equalizer controls
• Real-world examples of EQ in products from Ableton, Apple, Avid, iZotope, Steinberg, Propellerheads, Cakewalk, Softube, Studio One, Waves, Universal Audio, and more
The book also includes general tips on solving problems with EQ, emphasizing instruments, when to apply EQ, applying mid-side EQ, understanding EQ curves, and more. It also covers EQ curves associated with musical styles and presents a variety of EQ presets for drums, guitar, piano, voice, and bass, as well as a selection of mastering presets.
Loaded with illustrations and featuring sidebars with details on selected topics for those who want to know “why” as well as “how,” How to Apply Equalization is essential reading to get the most out of this crucial processor for mixing and mastering.
Key Digital Print Features
We've built a new way to enjoy electronic print that you're sure to love.
- Fast Loading Desktop and Mobile Experience (even with cellular connections!)
- Auto-resume across devices
- Quick search, note taking and bookmarking for easy reference
- Responsive book design, so things look great on mobile too
- * Internet connection required *
Submitted 3 months ago
Clear explanation, good examples, useful starting points
Submitted 1 year ago
This book explain clearly what I'm finding the answers about EQ.