Table of Contents
The First 15 Lessons series provides a step-by-step lesson plan for the absolute beginner, complete with audio tracks, video lessons, and real songs! Designed for self-teaching or for use with an instructor, you'll build a solid foundation as you work through each lesson, learning the basics of the instrument and music reading while practicing the many exercises, concepts and song excerpts within.
This mandolin book features video and print lessons by world-renowned author Fred Sokolow on: mandolin fundamentals; music reading; tuning; chords; scales & basic theory; strumming; arpeggios; double stops; moveable chop chords; sawing & tremolo; and chord/melody playing.
You also get to strum & pluck along with 28 songs including: Ain't Misbehavin' • Hallelujah • Hey Jude • I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow • Knockin' on Heaven's Door • Maggie May • Rocky Top • Stand by Me • Wayfaring Stranger • and many more.
Key Digital Print Features
We've built a new way to enjoy electronic print that you're sure to love.
- Fast Loading Desktop and Mobile Experience (even with cellular connections!)
- Auto-resume across devices
- Quick search, note taking and bookmarking for easy reference
- Responsive book design, so things look great on mobile too
- * Internet connection required *