Table of Contents
Most people regard legal contracts with an inherent suspicion. Having heard scores of horror stories, we in the music business, whether artists, songwriters, producers, or management, are especially cautious – perhaps even paranoid – of any binding agreement, and with good reason.
If you could better understand the most common – and important – documents in the game, wouldn't you? Steve Gordon, an entertainment attorney with over twenty years of experience in the industry, is making just such an offer with his latest book, The 11 Contracts That Every Artist, Songwriter, and Producer Should Know.
The 11 Contracts is an in-depth guide intended to assist any aspirant wary of navigating the music biz or struggling to interpret its insular jargon. This no-nonsense book follows a refreshingly simple format: Gordon presents a sample agreement, then breaks down the nuances of both the legal and business sides of the arrangement.
Subjects covered include:
• Management Agreements
• Production Company and New Artist
• Indie Label Deals
• Sync Licenses
• Producer Agreements
• Music Publishing Deals
• Composer Agreements
• Live Performance Contracts
• Music Video Production Contracts
• Band Agreements
• Business Actions Artists Can Take Without an Attorney
• Investment Agreements
Key Digital Print Features
We've built a new way to enjoy electronic print that you're sure to love.
- Fast Loading Desktop and Mobile Experience (even with cellular connections!)
- Auto-resume across devices
- Quick search, note taking and bookmarking for easy reference
- Responsive book design, so things look great on mobile too
- * Internet connection required *
Submitted 8 months ago
Very Informative & Helpful
I love the sub paragraphs you use to describe each clause- just wish you did every clause
I am a: Semi-Pro, Producer, Beat Maker, Audio Engineer, Sound for Film/TV, Ableton Live, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Studio One